Park Tool is sponsoring the Park Tool $100 Bike Build Challenge. 5 lucky people will be identified to participate. Builders will be given $100 cash at 10:00am to shop for the frame and all components needed to build the best bike they can until 2pm. The building and display area will be at the front of the hall and will have security. At 2:30 our unbiased panel will judge the bikes and announce the winner. The winner will be featured on the webpage and Facebook and will garner accolades from the entire Park Tool VeloSwap Staff. They will also get a complimentary beer, if of legal drinking age.
All bikes will be donated after the event.
- A 10×10 space will be provided to each builder, you must provide any tools or stands needed, and there will be security.
- You must track your purchases and return any unused $$
- You must work alone, no assistants
- You may be on the floor from 9-10 scouting parts, but must not purchase anything until after the official start at 10am
- Builder meeting at 9:50 at the build area in front of the Park Tool Booth
- Opportunity to brand from your shop
- Completed Bikes must be ridable and safe
- All Bikes will be donated after the event
- Judges choice is final
- This event is meant to be fun!!