Saturday, November 3rd, 2018
- 9 a.m. VeloSwap Opens
- 10 am – 2 pm Stop by the VeloNews Stage to enter the VeloSwap Scavenger Hunt, Ugly Jersey Fashion Show and $10 Best Buy, Best/Worst in Show contests to win valuable prizes from the VeloNews gear closet.
- 10:30 a.m. Lennard Zinn Live Q&A at the VeloNews Stage
- 11:30 a.m. Bike Fit Myths—Busted by Ray Keener
- Noon “I rode Leadville on a 1983 Stumpjumper.” at the VeloNews Stage
- 12:30 p.m. – Ugly Jersey Fashion Show Hosted by VeloNews
- 1 p.m. Lennard Zinn Bike Tech Demo at the VeloNews Stage
- All Day Drop your ticket stub for the raffle at the VeloLounge
- 1 p.m. Beer being served in the VeloLounge
- 2:00 p.m. Preventing the Haywire Heart with Lennard Zinn & Chris Case
- 4 p.m. Doors Close
Don’t miss these events!
VeloSwap Scavenger Hunt Hosted by VeloNews
10:00 a.m. at the VeloNews Stage
VeloSwap Evangelist (and VeloNews Editor-in-Chief) Fred Dreier and VeloNews.com News Director Spencer Powlison will kick off the VeloSwap Scavenger Hunt in which contestants will be challenged to find and photograph (or purchase!) items for the Ugly Jersey Fashion Show, $10 Best Buy, Best/Worst in Show, and other entertaining categories. Dreier and Powlison will judge entries and award valuable prizes from the VeloNews gear closet.
Lennard Zinn Live Q&A
10:30 a.m. at the VeloNews Stage
The world’s leading bike maintenance and repair expert will answer live questions from the audience.
Bike Fit Myths—Busted by Ray Keener
11:30 a.m. at the VeloNews Stage
Ray Keener is more than just the Executive Director of the Bicycle Product Suppliers Association—he’s also a veteran bike fitter. Keener will share lessons learned from his thousands of bike fit sessions and the training he’s shared with bike shop employees to help you fit a smoother, more comfortable ride.
“I rode Leadville on a 1983 Stumpjumper.”
12:00 noon at the VeloNews Stage
Spencer Powlison, News Director for VeloNews, rode the 2018 Leadville 100 mountain bike race on a vintage mountain bike—and really enjoyed it! Hear about Spencer’s ride, his bike, his gear, and the reactions from his fellow Leadville racers in this fun interview session hosted by Fred Dreier.
Lennard Zinn Bike Tech Demo
1:00 p.m. at the VeloNews Stage
Expert bicycle technician and custom frame builder, Lennard Zinn, will demonstrate two bike maintenance procedures that sound harder than they really are: overhauling a rear suspension and servicing a bottom bracket. Watch and learn as Zinn shows you how to break down these tasks into simple steps and reveals time-saving tips to make the jobs easier.
Preventing the Haywire Heart with Lennard Zinn & Chris Case
2:00 p.m. at the VeloNews Stage
Lennard Zinn was in the process of setting a Strava KOM on Boulder’s Flagstaff mountain when his heart-rate monitor told him something was very wrong. Several years and surgeries later, Zinn’s life has been transformed by a group of symptoms known as “athlete’s heart”. Zinn and coauthor Chris Case will share what you need to know about this life-changing condition in a talk centered on their book, The Haywire Heart.
Do you plan on visiting the VeloLounge? They will be serving cappuccino in the morning and Dale’s Pale Ale in the afternoon. There will be couches and to lounge on and great company. Plan on coming by!!
On-Site Bike Wrenching/Guidance
Performance Bike will be doing some free wrenching at VeloSwap again this year as a service to the buyers. There are great deals and lots to pick from at VeloSwap, but getting the correct fit is essential to efficient riding in the future. Performance will help you make a good selection or make small adjustments to ensure you get the right bike and gear at the event. They will be located in the front section of the hall. And always remember; support your local bike shop!
Wish for Wheels Drift Tryke Zone
The Wish for Wheels Drift Tryke Zone uses Razor Trykes to drift around corners, spinout and race against your friends. Come support an amazing nonprofit that gives new bikes and helmets and have fun racing three wheel trykes!
Bikes Together Education Zone
Visit the Visit the Bikes Together area to learn more about:
- Free pre purchase checks on bikes and parts
- Bring the bike or component to one of the Bikes Together mechanics for an assessment of it condition along with an idea of its value in today’s current bike market.
- Basic Bike Maintenance,
- Best Practices on Commuting by Bike
- Get Bike Involved!! These programs will be going on continuously during the day, so please come by anytime. They are located on the main floor.
Project Recycle & Recycle Bicycles
Do you have a bike or parts/clothing/accessories that you want to donate? Come by the Project Recycle & Recycle Bicycle Booth in the front and drop it in their large donation box. They need everything!!